- Post a Job in Connecting Colorado
- Recruit & Select
- Training & Professional Development
- Transitions, Layoffs & Separation
- Workforce Planning & Economic Vitality
- Business Workshops & Roundtables
- Business Resources
- Meet the Business Team
- Entrepreneurs and Startups
- Business Programs and Incentives
- Enterprise Zone Tax Credits
- Larimer County Workforce Development Board (WDB)
Contact A Consultant
LCWC Business Development
200 West Oak St.
Fort Collins, CO 80521
Sign up for Business Services news!
Workforce Center Offices will be CLOSED on June 29th from 2:30 PM-5:00 PM
The Fort Collins and Loveland Workforce Center Offices will be closed for a staff meeting today, Thursday, June 29, 2017, from 2:30 PM-5:00 PM. This closure includes both computer labs. Offices will re-open on Friday, June 30, 2017, at 8:00 AM. For questions please call: Fort Collins – (970) 498-6600 Loveland – (970) 619-4650 Thank you!
Workforce Center Offices will be CLOSED to recognize Independence Day, July 4th 2017
The Fort Collins and Loveland Workforce Center Offices will be CLOSED to recognize Independence Day on Tuesday, July 4th, 2017. Our offices will be closed from 8:00 AM-5:00 PM. This closure includes all computer labs. Our offices will re-open on Wednesday, July 5th at 8:00 AM. For questions please call:
Fort Collins: (970) 498-6600
Loveland: (970) 619-4650
Welcome to the Larimer County Workforce Center!
Colorado Monthly Labor Force Statistics
Please view Colorado’s labor force statistics for the month indicated.
Today’s youth are intelligent, creative, and capable. Hiring youth encourages their success and prepares them for future careers. The Larimer County Workforce Center (LCWC) offers several options for business to engage with youth workers.
Summer Youth Employment Partnerships
This program provides youth, ages 16-18, meaningful employment opportunities while providing businesses with youth who have demonstrated their initiative by completing a series of career & professionalism workshops. Interview and select only the candidates of your choice!
Your Business Provides:
- Temporary, paid employment for youth participants
- 15+ hours per week for 8-10 weeks
- Supportive work environment and professional experiences related career pathways within your business
Your Business Receives:
- Youth employee(s) who are ready to work
- Access to Youth Employment Specialist support
- Recognition on the LCWC website
- Post-program acknowledgement in local media
- Opportunity to support and shape our future workforce
The LCWC connects business and youth with internship opportunities that provide planned, structured training experiences over a limited period of time. Internships create unique avenues for youth to participate in the workforce and build necessary on-the-job skills.
- Youth interns work 10 – 40 hours/week for a total of 300 hours
- LCWC covers wages and Workers’ Compensation
- Business gains additional productivity and relationships with potential employees
Career Road Trips
In an effort to prepare and expose youth to the workforce, the LCWC arranges tours throughout area businesses in June and July. Youth explore behind the scenes of local businesses and interact with professionals in emerging industries. Career Road Trip Tours offer a great opportunity to share business culture and knowledge with tomorrow’s workforce.
Youth gain an understanding of:
- Local employers and future hiring needs
- Required skills and education to be successful
- Day-to-day work duties in emerging careers
- Employer expectations of the next generation workforce
Youth Friendly Employer List
The LCWC assists youth with employment by providing access to a data bank of Larimer County businesses that have identified themselves as “youth friendly” (age 14 and up).
Recruit Youth Contacts
Kate Flattery at (970) 498-6082 or email@example.com
Monica Gingerich at (970) 498-6631 or firstname.lastname@example.org