Earn to Learn
Earn to Learn offers businesses a 50%-90% wage reimbursement for up to six months. The purpose of this service is to compensate employers for money spent on wages during the training period of a new hire.
Earn to Learn Offers:
- Wage reimbursement of 50% – 90% (depending on employer’s size) for up to six (6) months
- Length of reimbursement varies on the training requirements of individual positions
- Ongoing support during hiring and reimbursement period
- Employer has final hiring decision on all applicants
Employer Requirements: To be eligible for wage reimbursement, the following employer requirements must be met.
- Able to provide training that promotes the growth of your new employee
- Agree to retain new employee after the reimbursement period
- Established in Colorado for at least 120
- Employers may not be any of the following: Public Sector, casino or other gaming establishment, amusement park, swimming pool, aquarium, zoo, country club, golf course, car wash, or staffing agency
- Pay workers’ compensation and unemployment insurance
- Not have experienced layoffs in the last 60 days
Position Requirements: To be eligible for wage reimbursement, the following position requirements must be met.
- Full-time (32 or more hours per week)
- Position pays at least $15.00 perhour
- Not a seasonal or temporary position
- May not displace an existing employee or a laid off employee that can be rehired
New Employee Eligibility: To be eligible for wage reimbursement, your new employee must meet the following eligibility.
- Experienced a layoff after January 1, 2008
- Out of work for at least 19 weeks
- Eligible for Unemployment Insurance – Lost previous position for no fault of their own
- Laid off from an occupation in decline – Contact the Workforce Center for more information
Finding an Eligible New Employee:
- The Larimer County Workforce Center has pre-screened candidates-contact the Workforce Center.
- A business may also find their own eligible new employee. Contact the Workforce Center to confirm eligibility and get started.
- There are limited incentives available and funding will start to expire in late February 2012. Contact the Workforce Center representative for more information.*