- How To Apply For A Federal Job
- June 4, 2013 1:30 PM
- June 4, 2013 4:30 PM
- Larimer County Workforce Center (Fort Collins)
- (970) 498-6649
200 West Oak Street, 5th floor, Fort Collins, CO, 80521, United States
The federal government employs nearly two million civilian workers. Within the next three years, federal agencies expect to hire more than 270,000 new workers to fill mission-critical positions at various places across the nation. However the process for applying to a federal job can be confusing and frustrating. Learn from our experienced workshop leaders how to navigate the federal job application process.
This workshop shows participants how to apply for federal jobs. Topics include:
* How to find federal job vacancies online
* Preparing to apply online
* How to read a vacancy announcement
* Understanding and writing the online federal resume
* Understanding core competencies and KSAs
* Understanding veterans’ preferences
NOTE: This workshop will be most valuable if you take the Resume and Cover Letter workshop first. Because the federal job application process is entirely online, you will be able to best apply what you learn from this workshop if you are proficient with the internet and Microsoft Word.
** Can’t attend the workshop? Download the workshop slides on our website! Go to Job Seekers –> Workshops –> Additional Tools. The presentation is posted next to the workshop title. ***