- Social Media: An Introduction
- June 6, 2013 8:30 AM
- June 6, 2013 10:30 AM
- Larimer County Workforce Center (Fort Collins)
- (970) 498-6649
200 West Oak Street, 5th floor, Fort Collins, CO, 80521, United States
Should you be tweeting and be LinkedIn? This two-hour class will introduce participants to current social media tools and why they are important to job seekers.
You should attend this class if:
-You aren’t exactly sure what the term “social media” means.
-You have heard others talk about twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn but it sounds like a foreign language!
-You don’t intend to set up a twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn account but recognize that you should increase your knowledge about these tools to stay up with emerging job search strategies / techniques.
In Social Media: An Introduction, participants will learn the WHATs of social media not the HOWs. This class will introduce participants to *what* social media is.
The following topics are covered in Social Media: An Introduction:
* What is social media?
* Why is social media important for job seekers?
* Privacy and important considerations for your job search when using social media.
* Overview of LinkedIn, Facebook, twitter and blogging.