- Search for Jobs
- Spring Job Fairs 2017
- Hiring Event Survey
- Job Seeker Workshops
- Job Search Tip Videos
- Career Exploration
- Job Seeker Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Unemployment Insurance
- Learn What It Takes to Become a Medical Assistant
Looking for Employment Opportunities? Check out these Upcoming Events!
Welcome to the Larimer County Workforce Center!
Construction Careers-Attend Build Colorado
Construction Careers are in high demand! Attend this event to learn more about the Construction Industry in Colorado!
April 4, 2017
2:00 PM-4:00 PM
200 W. Oak Street, Carter Lake Conference Rm.
Fort Collins, CO
Healthcare IN YOUR FUTURE Job Fair 2017
Interested in finding employment in Healthcare? Don’t miss this event!
Wednesday, April 5th
12:00 PM-3:00 PM
Embassy Suites Conference Center
4705 Clydesdale Parkway, Loveland CO
Learn what it takes to become a Medical Assistant!
Come learn about the job of Medical Assistant from those in the field and make a connection with leading healthcare providers in the area.
Panel: March 31st, 9:00-10:00 a.m.
Interviews: 10:15-11:00 a.m.
11:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Register at: Larimerworkforce.org/register
High School Internship Summer Program
Young Adults ages 16-18+ years of age can apply! Hurry the deadline is April 7th!!
You are Invited to Summer Employment Night 2017
Youth, Young Adults, and Parents are invited to our Summer Employment Night!
The Matthews House Course Offerings for Winter 2017-Register Today!
The Education & Employment Center is offering classes on a sliding fee scale based on your household income. To get registered call, (970) 482-4357 or thematthewshouse.org. Classes are offered frequently throughout the year. Please check the schedule for the next available classes. To register for GED & ESL classes Call (970) 204-8181
Frequently Asked Questions
What other services are offered for job seekers at the Larimer County Workforce Center?
- Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Services for Adults and Youth
- Trade Readjustment Act (TAA / TRA)
- Larimer County Works
- Employment First
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC)
- Governor’s Summer Job Hunt (Youth)
- Youth Conservation Corps (LCYCC) (16-19 years old)
- Skill Assessments for Job Seekers
- Resource Center access
Who can use the services at the Larimer County Workforce Center?
- The LCWC is open to anyone who is looking for employment and any businesses needing assistance with hiring, retention, labor laws, etc.
- For specialized Other Services, certain eligibility requirements must be met.
How do I register for jobs?
- Job seekers can register at www.connectingcolorado.com anytime from home or you may use our computer lab.
- For job seekers who are not computer oriented, you may set an individual appointment with an Employment Specialist.
How do I Apply for Unemployment?
- All claims must be filed online or by telephone.
- Please refer online to the “Unemployment Self-Service Resource Guide ” by the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment.
- Our public computer labs are available for online filing.
- It is required that you also register with the Workforce Center at www.connectingcolorado.com once you have applied for Unemployment Insurance.
Can you make a resume for me?
- There are resume templates available on the lobby computers. If you are not comfortable using the template and would like more guidance, you can sign-up for a Resume Workshop or schedule an individual appointment with an Employment Specialist.
What about workshops?
- Yes, we have many different workshops that are free to the public. Please check the website calendar or view our online Workshop Index to self-register.
- If you are here for a workshop, just check in at the Front Desk and you will be directed to the classroom.
Someone called me about job…what do I do?
- Please write down the number and go directly to www.connectingcolorado.com to look up the information.
- If you did not write down the number, we will ask you for your social security number, so that we can refer back to your registration to determine what job you were called for.
What services are offered for Businesses at the Larimer County Workforce Center?
Professional Guidance and Assistance with the following:
- Posting your job
- Computerized matching and referral to qualified job candidates
- Layoff Assistance
- Monthly Business Seminars
- Office space to conduct interviews and testing
- Job Fairs
- Labor market information