Need help choosing? Get a Head Start with these sites below!
Workforce Center Offices are CLOSED for President’s Day Holiday
The Fort Collins and Loveland Workforce Center offices will be CLOSED on Monday, February 20, 2017 from 8 am-5 pm. This closure includes both computer labs. Our offices will re-open on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 8:00 am. For questions please call: Fort Collins (970) 498-6600 or Loveland (970) 619-4650.
Welcome to the Larimer County Workforce Center!
Summer Works 2017
Youth, Young Adults and Parents are invited to our Summer Employment Night!
Colorado Monthly Labor Force Statistics
Please view Colorado’s labor force statistics for the month indicated. The following documents are available:
- Colorado’s News Release
- Labor Force Summary – which includes Wage and Salary Employment Data for the Metropolitan Statistic Areas (MSA’s). This includes Fort Collins- Loveland (Larimer County) MSA’s seasonally adjusted and non-seasonally adjusted statistics.
- Labor Force statistics by individual Counties (64 Counties); this includes the current month and the previous month and compares to one year ago.
The Matthews House Course Offerings for Winter 2017-Register Today!
The Education & Employment Center is offering classes on a sliding fee scale based on your household income. To get registered call, (970) 482-4357 or thematthewshouse.org. Classes are offered frequently throughout the year. Please check the schedule for the next available classes. To register for GED & ESL classes Call (970) 204-8181
Youth Friendly Employers Update
The 2016-2017 Youth Friendly Employers List identifies local businesses that hire youth. Information provided is subject to change. Available in English & Spanish.
Career Transition Services
***Please NOTE*** – The Larimer County Workforce Center’s Career Transition & Training services is no longer accepting new candidates applications at this time. The service is currently at funding capacity for the year. Please continue to check back for opportunities, pending resource availability. We encourage you to utilize the services provided by the Career Services Team. Please follow this link to review the menu of opportunities HERE. We can be reached at (970) 498-6694 for any additional questions you may have.
Career Transition Services, part of the federally funded Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), assists eligible participants in the development of strategic job search and/or training plans.
Our services are specifically designed to get customers back to work! Some customers will benefit most from working one on one with an experienced employment counselor to determine where they are falling short in their job search. Other customers may be lacking skills that are keeping them from being competitive in the labor market. In either case, we may be able to help!
*Veterans and their eligible spouses receive priority of service.
Career Transition Services are customized to meet the needs of each individual job seekers, and may include:
- One on one intensive job search support from an experienced employment counselor
- Career and occupational advisement
- Development of an Individual Employment Plan
- Access to scholarship funds for occupational skills training
Ideal Candidates Possess:
A previous attachment to the workforce. The most successful participants are those who have a work history.
A goal of being employed at least 32 hours per week.
Stable life factors (housing, transportation, child care, health, legal, etc.)
A clear occupational objective in an in-demand occupational area. Occupations where published labor market information shows entry-level wages lower than $13.00 per hour, part-time work, or self-employment may not be considered.
You may qualify for Career Transition Services if:
- You have experienced a job loss (or a pending job loss) in an industry where your occupation is no longer in demand AND are eligible for Unemployment Insurance benefits
- You are an unemployed spouse who has been affected by a layoff, divorce, legal separation or death of a spouse
- You are an unemployed/underemployed, Larimer County resident who needs assistance in finding and keeping employment.