Need help choosing? Get a Head Start with these sites below!
Welcome to the Larimer County Workforce Center!
WY-CO Regional Job Fair Fall 2016
Save the Date!
September 20, 2016
3:00 pm-3:30 pm Veterans only
3:30 pm-6:00 pm Open to the public
Larimer County Fairgrounds-First National Bank Bldg. South Hall
View Employers at: http://app.thefairsapp.com/#/fair/76
The Matthews House Course Offerings for Fall 2016-Register Today!
The Education & Employment Center is offering classes on a sliding fee scale based on your household income. To get registered call, (970) 482-4357 or thematthewshouse.org. Classes are offered frequently throughout the year. Please check the schedule for the next available classes. To register for GED & ESL classes Call (970) 204-8181
Career Transition Services
Career Transition Services, part of the federally funded Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), assists eligible participants in the development of strategic job search and/or training plans.
Our services are specifically designed to get customers back to work! Some customers will benefit most from working one on one with an experienced employment counselor to determine where they are falling short in their job search. Other customers may be lacking skills that are keeping them from being competitive in the labor market. In either case, we may be able to help!
*Veterans and their eligible spouses receive priority of service.
Career Transition Services are customized to meet the needs of each individual job seekers, and may include:
- One on one intensive job search support from an experienced employment counselor
- Career and occupational advisement
- Development of an Individual Employment Plan
- Access to scholarship funds for occupational skills training
Ideal Candidates Possess:
A previous attachment to the workforce. The most successful participants are those who have a work history.
A goal of being employed at least 32 hours per week.
Stable life factors (housing, transportation, child care, health, legal, etc.)
A clear occupational objective in an in-demand occupational area. Occupations where published labor market information shows entry-level wages lower than $13.00 per hour, part-time work, or self-employment may not be considered.
You may qualify for Career Transition Services if:
- You have experienced a job loss (or a pending job loss) in an industry where your occupation is no longer in demand AND are eligible for Unemployment Insurance benefits
- You are an unemployed spouse who has been affected by a layoff, divorce, legal separation or death of a spouse
- You are an unemployed/underemployed, Larimer County resident who needs assistance in finding and keeping employment.
Ready to take the next step?
For more information about Career Transition Services, eligibility, and program requirements, we invite you to attend a “Career Transition Program Orientation” information session.
The link below will take you to the Workforce Registration System where you will be asked to create a user account. Once your account is created, select the “Register for Workshops” link.