Welcome to the Larimer County Workforce Center Video
The federally-funded Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Career Transition service is designed to assist eligible job seekers in the development of training plans that lead to full-time employment in occupational areas with starting wages of $13.00-$16.00 per hour or higher. Veterans and their eligible spouses receive priority of service for WIA Career Transition Services. Please click here to review Priority of Services to Veterans and Spouses of Veterans.
Career Transition Services Include
- Career and Occupational training advisement
- Career and education assessments
- Access to scholarship funds for occupational training
- Post-training employment counseling and job search assistance
- Limited internship opportunities and on-the-job training opportunities
Who Qualifies for Career Transition Services?
Applicants MUST meet one (1) of the following criteria:
Encountering difficulty in obtaining employment due to:
- Job Loss or pending job loss in an industry where your occupation is no longer in demand AND eligible for Unemployment Insurance benefits
- Unemployed Larimer County resident unable to obtain employment with their current skill set.
Indicators of Program Success
Customers who are successful in Career Transition services have a successful track record of obtaining and retaining employment, have interest in training programs that yield full-time employment in emerging occupations, and who have met stable basic needs prior to the beginning of a training program. If this description does not meet your current situation, please let us know and we can refer you to community partners that may assist with solutions prior to Career Transition consideration.
Interested in Learning More?
For more information about Career Transition services, eligibility, and program requirements, we invite you to attend a “Ready to Train?” information session.
The information session is best suited for candidates who have a clear idea of the training program they would like to pursue. The session will include a computer-based action lab that prepares candidates to complete training proposals for funding consideration.
The link below will take you to the Workforce Registration System where you will be asked to create a user account. Once your account is created, select the Training Information Session link located under the Workshops section of the page.