From Laid Off to Living© Support Groups View Workshop Dates
Being laid off is one of the most stressful and difficult situations that individuals and families can go through, regardless if it happened yesterday or last year.
The From Laid Off To Living© Support Groups are facilitated by a certified From Laid Off to Living© LCWC staff member. The group leads you through the emotional transition of the change process.
As a result of the group experience, you will learn strategies for managing the change of a lay off and create a personal action plan for your future. The group meets for six sessions and each session is two hours long. Please see the LCWC website for the next opportunity to participate in these groups.
Learn more about the “From Laid Off to Living©” support groups by listening to an interview on “Community at Work”, a weekly radio program on KRFC.
The workshop is beneficial for those who are just getting started with their job search or who have been searching for a while with little or no success.
Workshop topics include:
- Organizing your job search
- Exploring careers through informational interviewing
- Preparing your elevator speech
- Job search tools – resume, cover letter, applications and references
- Job search resources in Northern Colorado
- Technology and the internet – the role they play in job search