+ Click to expand Business menu- Click to collapse Business menu
- Post a Job in Connecting Colorado
- Business Registration 2018 Health Care IN YOUR FUTURE Job Fair
- Recruit & Select
- Training & Professional Development
- Transitions, Layoffs & Separation
- Workforce Planning & Economic Vitality
- Business Workshops & Roundtables
- Business Resources
- Meet the Business Team
- Entrepreneurs and Startups
- Business Programs and Incentives
- Enterprise Zone Tax Credits
- Larimer County Workforce Development Board (WDB)
Contact A Consultant
LCWC Business Development
200 West Oak St.
Fort Collins, CO 80521
Sign up for Business Services news!
Changes coming soon to Connecting Colorado March 2018!
Welcome to the Larimer County Workforce Center!
Business Workshops and Roundtables
2017 Professional Development at the LCWC
Register for our 2018 Business Workshops & Events! Available Now!
Skill Works: Using Competency-Based Hiring Practices
Presented cooperatively by Skillful Colorado and the Larimer County Workforce Center Business Services Team
When: Fri, March 9, 2018 - 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Where: 200 West Oak Street, Fort Collins (5th Floor) Bierstadt
Cost: $39 Instructor: Mike Kohler, Workforce Center
Instructor: Mike Kohler, Elevate Training
In an increasingly competitive employment marketplace marked by full employment, underemployment and skills gaps, employers need all the tools they can find to identify, attract and keep superior talent.
If you’re not finding the right talent, you may not be looking at the right people. This series makes it easier to find, retain and develop the right employees with the right skills.
Participants in this workshop series will achieve these outcomes:
- Job Posting – Learn how to replace the “same old, same old” language and requirements with postings that attract the best
- Screening and Interviewing – Freshen your approach with techniques to ensure the best-qualified candidates advance in your process
- Selection and Onboarding – Once you’ve identified the most promising candidates, acclimate them to ensure their success and yours
- Incumbent Training – To safeguard your invested time and money in hiring, invest in the growth of new people so they’ll stay with you
What our customers are saying…
“This workshop was extremely informative AND also very enjoyable. Marcy kept the pace up and the time went so fast! In addition to good material, Marcy added examples of real-life situations to illustrate some of the areas which made it easier for me to understand and retain the information . The entire group was engaged and readily shared input. This was a great workshop!” -Michelle, Director of Human Resources, Environmental Consulting Firm | Professional Boundaries: A Key Element for Effective Supervision, presented by Marcy Hoerster, November 2013
“The CO PTAC class was extremely informative and helpful. I really appreciated how the LCWC staff was well organized and the presenter answered all of the group’s questions in a direct, effective way. The information I learned in the class will help my business be more effective when doing business with government. I highly recommend this workshop to others and look forward to attending more in the future.” -Stu Crair, Owner, The Fort Collins Digital Workshop, est. 2006 | Winning the Government Contract! Four Essential Steps to Growing Your Business with Colorado PTAC, presented by Gary Henry, October 2013
Interested in presenting a Roundtable or Workshop?
Starting or growing a small business?
Visit www.larimersbdc.org to register for workshops on business planning, websites, financing, pricing strategies, and more.